Registered Nurse – Tele job in Lafayette, LA
Telemetry/Tele Registered Nurse (RN) Local Job
Telemetry/Tele RN Responsibilities:
- Telemetry RNs consult with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Tele RNs often utilize machines that measure a patient’s heart rate, blood pressure, breathing rate, as well as blood oxygen levels and electrocardiogram information.
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications, and reports adverse reaction to medications in accordance with policies
- Provides exceptional bedside care
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Identifies irregular telemetry readings and notifies of appropriate medical team member
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets electronic displays to help guide treatment
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- The Telemetry nurse performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This well-known 365-bed teaching hospital in Acadiana is the largest full-service healthcare facility in the area, and is a designated Level II Trauma Center and Magnet recognized hospital. It includes two Centers of Excellence for Minimally Invasive Gynecology and Neuroscience and is also an accredited Cancer Center, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, and an Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center. The hospital has a 32-bed ICU and their 25-bed Level III NICU provides an experienced, caring staff for both mother and baby. The hospital’s Womens and Childrens Services Department was recently renovated to offer comfortable, family-centered care. The hospital was awarded two grants from Susan G. Komen Acadiana supporting screenings, mammograms, education, and navigation services for uninsured and underinsured patients.
Lafayette Louisiana is the unofficial capital of Acadiana, or Cajun County, and is the center for great Cajun cuisine and Zydeco. Home of the University of Lafayette, this college town is known for live music, because in Lafayette, dancing is an integral part of life. Numerous restaurants and dance halls thrive in the area and the city hosts several music and food festivals throughout the year. Lafayette even has their own special Mardi Gras Celebration! Take a 30 minute drive to Avery Island and tour where the world famous Tabasco Hot Sauce is made. There is a regional airport conveniently located in Lafayette as well.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!