Registered Nurse – Tele job in Houma, LA
Telemetry/Tele Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Telemetry/Tele RN Responsibilities:
- Telemetry RNs consult with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Tele RNs often utilize machines that measure a patient’s heart rate, blood pressure, breathing rate, as well as blood oxygen levels and electrocardiogram information.
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications, and reports adverse reaction to medications in accordance with policies
- Provides exceptional bedside care
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Identifies irregular telemetry readings and notifies of appropriate medical team member
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets electronic displays to help guide treatment
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- The Telemetry nurse performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This internationally recognized, 321-bed, state-of-the-art hospital is dedicated to providing high quality, compassionate healthcare to its’ community. It is the largest community-based hospital in southeast Louisiana and in 2016 alone has been the recipient of numerous awards and recognition, including the Women’s Choice Award as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Orthopedics and the ‘A’ grade for Patient Safety in Leapfrog’s Spring 2016 Hospital Safety Score. This facility offers a wide variety of services, including the Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center, the comprehensive Women’s Health Center, world-class cardiology services, advance orthopedics, full rehabilitation services, and the Healthy Lifestyles Center.This facility has an EPIC EMR system, providing the most up-to-date information regarding patients’ care and treatment to its nurses, physicians and facilities.
Houma is the only city in Terrebonne Parish, Louisiana and is also considered the capital of deep bayou country. Houma is where you can explore the wetlands like no other; you can go on a fishing adventure, check out a birding expedition, and of course, go on the world famous swamp tours. Check out the history that lives in Houma by exploring the Regional Military Museum, the Southdown Plantation House, or the Bayou Terrebonne Water Life Museum. Houma offers unique attractions and delicious dining influenced by the Cajun culture and hospitality.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!