Registered Nurse – Tele job in Hammond, LA
Telemetry/Tele Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Telemetry/Tele RN Responsibilities:
- Telemetry RNs consult with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Tele RNs often utilize machines that measure a patient’s heart rate, blood pressure, breathing rate, as well as blood oxygen levels and electrocardiogram information.
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications, and reports adverse reaction to medications in accordance with policies
- Provides exceptional bedside care
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Identifies irregular telemetry readings and notifies of appropriate medical team member
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets electronic displays to help guide treatment
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- The Telemetry nurse performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Winner of the 2012 Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval, this 355-bed health system provides cancer care, diabetes education, emergency care, heart health services, has an intensive care unit, radiology services, rehabilitation, sports medicine, surgical services, and more. Just like GIFTED, North Oaks believes in doing the right thing, at the right time, in the right way, in order to achieve the best possible result for every patient. They have earned New Orleans CityBusiness Best Places to Work for 6 consecutive years!
Whatever your health care needs may be, North Oaks Medical Center offers a full range of health care services — from childbirth services, high-tech diagnostic testing, open-heart and robotic surgery to health education, rehabilitation, occupational medicine and hospice.
Since opening in 1960, North Oaks Medical Center has grown from a 60-bed facility to become the flagship of North Oaks Health System with 237 beds. An expansion scheduled for completion in fall 2012 will bring the hospital to a total of 330 all-private rooms to provide patients and their families with a calm, healing environment. To make room for the growing number of North Oaks surgeons providing care to our region and the advanced, complex procedures they perform, the expansion also includes 14 new high-tech Operating Suites, a Surgical Intensive Care Unit, and 11 additional Same Day Surgery beds.
With more than 200 physicians representing 38 specialties and growing, North Oaks Medical Center stands ready to care for you and your family through all phases of life, today and into the future.
The beautiful, quaint city of Hammond is nestled between New Orleans and Baton Rouge Louisiana, only a 45 minute drive to either. Hammond offers many nearby attractions; a safari adventure at the Global Wildlife Center, the Kentwood Historical and Cultural Arts Museum, the Camp Moore Confederate Museum, and Kliebert’s Alligator farm, where visitors get up close and personal with a working alligator and turtle farm. The area is an antique haven and the renowned Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival is held in the spring.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!