Registered Nurse – Stepdown job in St. Louis, MO
Intermediate Medical Care Unit/IMCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Intermediate Medical Care Unit/IMCU RN Responsibilities:
- IMCU nurses treat patients who are suffering from serious conditions, such as diabetes mellitus, electrolyte imbalances, renal failure, liver failure, gastrointestinal bleeds, blood disorders, cancer, sepsis, respiratory distress or multi-system organ failure
- The IMCU RN assess each patient’s needs individually and collects relevant data, such as temperature, blood pressure and pain levels, according to the facility’s prescribed procedure.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of each patient’s status in accordance with the facility’s requirements.
- Perform physician prescribed treatments in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and coworkers, being an advocate for the patient at all times
- Evaluate patient’s response to care and initiate independent and/or collaborative changes where appropriate
- Perform other patient interventions described by the patient’s individualized treatment plan.
- Provide individualized education for the patient, family, and or caregiver throughout the continuum of care.
- Prepare equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
As the first accredited Vein Center in the bi-state area, this facility is one of only five hospitals in the St. Louis area and one of ten hospitals in Missouri to be named a Level 1 Stroke Center, the highest designation, when the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services began the new designations for stroke care. This 767-bed hospital is the third-largest medical center in the St. Louis metropolitan area, serving families in St. Louis County, St. Louis City, Jefferson County, Franklin County, Saint Francois County and Sainte Genevieve County in Missouri, along with Monroe, Randolph and St. Clair counties in Illinois.
Meet me in St. Louis! Missouri is well known for the Gateway Arch, but has much more to offer! St. Louis is full of thrills and excitement for its visitors. Take a ride at the Six Flags amusement park, or go catch a game at Busch Stadium. The 42-acre Westport Plaza is also a desirable entertainment district with the trendiest boutiques and upscale dining establishments. Forest Park was once home to the 1904 world fair, and features scenic walking and biking trails and a beautiful greenhouse. Other outdoor activities can be found at the Citygarden which has modern/contemporary art, and six rain gardens. Also, check out the Lumeier Sculpture Park which has over 70 outdoor sculptures, a music amphitheater and a traveling series of exhibitions.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!