Registered Nurse – Same Day Surgery job in Zachary, LA
ICU/ Critical Care/ Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (RN) Local Job
Critical Care/ICU/ CCU RN Responsibilities:
- Critical Care Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional Critical Care RNs have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment static function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Critical Care RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This hospital has evolved into the 139-bed, state-of-the-art, regional healthcare system it is today by continuously expanding and adding new capabilities and technologies. They offer a full range of inpatient and outpatient diagnostic services and also support Cardiology, Orthopedics, Labor & Delivery, In-Patient Rehabilitation, Vascular and General Surgery, Sleep Medicine, Home Health, Diabetes, Emergency and After-Hours Urgent Care. This facility was named as one of the best places for nurses to work. It is accredited by The Joint Commission and recognized as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures. They were recently named “Acute Care Hospital of the Year” winner, by the Louisiana Nurses Foundation and the Louisiana State Nurses Association, for its excellence in nursing and quality of service.
Zachary is located just 16 miles north of Baton Rouge, LA. As an exciting college town, Baton Rouge, LA, is located about 1 hour from New Orleans. From the Tin Roof Brewery to the Shaw Center for the Arts, there are activities for all travelers. Immerse yourself in the city’s history by touring Plantation Country, test your luck or check out a show at the L’Auberge Casino or enjoy a thrilling Louisiana State University baseball or famous football game at one of the largest college football stadiums in the nation.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!