Registered Nurse – Rehab job in New Orleans, LA
Rehabilitation/Rehab Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Rehabilitation/Rehab RN Responsibilities:
- The Rehabilitation RN possesses the specialized knowledge and clinical skills necessary to provide care for people with physical disability and chronic illness
- Assesses the physical, psychological, sociocultural, and spiritual dimensions of patients and their families, as well as their educational and discharge needs in order to formulate nursing diagnoses
- Plans nursing care while acknowledging that rehabilitation nursing is practiced within a dynamic, therapeutic, and supportive relationship that is constantly changing
- Provides nursing care, to maintain and restore static function and prevent complications
- Evaluates care and modify the plan, as needed, to achieve measurable goals and objectives
- The Rehabilitation RN coordinates educational activities and uses appropriate resources to develop and implement an individualized teaching and discharge plan with patients and their families
- Coordinates nursing care activities in collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary rehabilitation team to facilitate achievement of overall goals
- Coordinates a holistic approach to meeting patient’s medical, vocational, educational, and environmental needs
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills to develop a rapport with patients, their families
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Rehab RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 280-bed Joint Commission Certified hospital is located in the heart of New Orleans’ beautiful Uptown. Services provided include cancer care, cardiac rehabilitation, cardiovascular services, emergency care, orthopedic care, and spine care. This hospital offers one of the premier CARF rehabilitation centers in the country, as well as delivers over 3,000 babies a year, the facility is recognized as a Certified Stroke Primary Center of Excellence.
New Orleans is one of the world’s most fascinating cities, home to a unique melting pot of culture, food and music. Stroll Royal Street in the French Quarter for beautiful art and antique shopping, take a ride on the streetcar and see magnificent St. Charles Avenue mansions, catch a Saints football game at the Superdome, or enjoy a celebrated parade at Mardi Gras. From world-famous restaurants to hidden music clubs, New Orleans has something to discover on every street. New Orleans is the heart, soul and spirit of Louisiana.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!