Registered Nurse – Rehab job in Kankakee, IL
Rehabilitation/Rehab Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Rehabilitation/Rehab RN Responsibilities:
- The Rehabilitation RN possesses the specialized knowledge and clinical skills necessary to provide care for people with physical disability and chronic illness
- Assesses the physical, psychological, sociocultural, and spiritual dimensions of patients and their families, as well as their educational and discharge needs in order to formulate nursing diagnoses
- Plans nursing care while acknowledging that rehabilitation nursing is practiced within a dynamic, therapeutic, and supportive relationship that is constantly changing
- Provides nursing care, to maintain and restore static function and prevent complications
- Evaluates care and modify the plan, as needed, to achieve measurable goals and objectives
- The Rehabilitation RN coordinates educational activities and uses appropriate resources to develop and implement an individualized teaching and discharge plan with patients and their families
- Coordinates nursing care activities in collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary rehabilitation team to facilitate achievement of overall goals
- Coordinates a holistic approach to meeting patient’s medical, vocational, educational, and environmental needs
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills to develop a rapport with patients, their families
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Rehab RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 312-bed hospital is home to more than 200 physicians and over 500,000 square feet of property. Located in the heart of Kankakee, this inpatient and outpatient facility is dedicated to the community it serves and provides the best quality of care to all patients. This campus is home to a heart center that is ranked in the top 5% in the nation for heart surgery by HealthGrades®. This hospital also has a Spiritual Healing Garden, a place where both patient and their families can relax and meditate. The medical services of this location include a cancer institute, heart & vascular care, orthopedics, emergency care, a stroke center, as well as senior living and women’s health. The employees at this facility value the work they do and believe in integrity, excellence, partnership, and stewardship.
Kankakee is located in North East Illinois and is only 60 miles South of Chicago. The city was founded in 1853 but long before that, Native Americans called the spot “Kankakee” which translates to “beautiful land”. In present-day Kankakee, the river still flows, trains whistle in the night, and the county government still rules from downtown. Kankakee’s downtown is filled with remnants of the city’s past as well as some modern buildings. The Kankakee Farmers’ Market takes place every Saturday and is one of the most popular weekend destinations for miles. The Kankakee Train Depot has been carefully restored and is not utilized for hosting events and community gatherings and a daily attraction.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!