Registered Nurse – Rehab job in Charleston, WV
Rehabilitation/Rehab Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Rehabilitation/Rehab RN Responsibilities:
- The Rehabilitation RN possesses the specialized knowledge and clinical skills necessary to provide care for people with physical disability and chronic illness
- Assesses the physical, psychological, sociocultural, and spiritual dimensions of patients and their families, as well as their educational and discharge needs in order to formulate nursing diagnoses
- Plans nursing care while acknowledging that rehabilitation nursing is practiced within a dynamic, therapeutic, and supportive relationship that is constantly changing
- Provides nursing care, to maintain and restore static function and prevent complications
- Evaluates care and modify the plan, as needed, to achieve measurable goals and objectives
- The Rehabilitation RN coordinates educational activities and uses appropriate resources to develop and implement an individualized teaching and discharge plan with patients and their families
- Coordinates nursing care activities in collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary rehabilitation team to facilitate achievement of overall goals
- Coordinates a holistic approach to meeting patient’s medical, vocational, educational, and environmental needs
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills to develop a rapport with patients, their families
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Rehab RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This state of the art general medical and surgical hospital located in central Charleston, WV, is complete with 833 beds and acts as a teaching hospital to provide the nation with next level nurses and doctors. The medical center is home to one of the top heart programs in the United States, the only kidney transplant facility in all of West Virginia, Charleston’s only accredited sleep center, and offers orthopedic trauma services. This facility provides the surrounding community with the highest level general trauma center in the area.
Charleston is the flourishing capital of West Virginia. Home to National Public Radio’s Mountain Stage, teeming with art galleries, free musical performances, hands-on experiences, and local theater to explore. Each summer you can experience 10 days of 130 events and 360 performances during FestivALL. Check out Big Sky surround movies at the Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences, have fun geo-caching on the Capitol grounds, enjoy a West Virginia Power baseball game, or relax with a picnic at Coonskin Park. The 9,300 acre Kanawha State Forest offers year-round opportunities to get back to nature. Charleston is a gateway to all that is wild and wonderful about the Mountain State, including world class whitewater rafting, zip lining, mountain climbing, biking, ATV trails, artisan destinations and heritage sites. Charleston also has trendy bars with live music every day of the week.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!