Registered Nurse – PICU job in Oklahoma City, OK
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit/PICU RN Responsibilities:
- The Pediatric Intensive Care Nurse provides age and culturally appropriate care to patient, consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Monitors patient’s vital signs, such as blood pressure, breathing and heart rate, and initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology
- Follows continuous cardiac and respiratory monitor readings, such as EKG tracings, O2 stats, CVP/arterial line waveforms, if applicable, and reports any observed changes
- Tracks urine output, changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs (both central venous & arterial)
- Administers infusion therapy, including: IV fluids, antibiotics, antifungals, antivirals, electrolytes
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, such as ventilators
- Prepares and administers and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments, analyzes lab results
- Assists treating physician during examination, treatment and procedures, which can include life-saving situations
- Assists with the insertion or discontinuation of CV catheters, arterial lines, external ventricular drains, epidural catheters and endotracheal tubes, Foleys
- The PICU RN provides education, information and emotional support to the patient’s family and caregivers
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
- The PICU RN performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Located in the heart of Oklahoma City, this 724 bed facility is a state-of-the-art medical center offering a full range of hospital services. Among many accomplishments, this facility is recognized for thirty-one Centers for Excellence, including: Trauma One Center, The Women’s and Newborn Center, Senior Health Center, Organ Transplant Services, Children’s Hospital Emergency Department, Oklahoma Center for Bleeding and Clotting Disorders, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Stroke Center, Radiation Therapy Center, Vascular Center, and many more. In addition, this facility is known as an academic medical center, and a great place for nurses to gain experience in their careers.
In Oklahoma City you can visit the Zoo, go to an OKC Thunder basketball game, or check out one of the many museums, fun festivals, or outdoor activities. Over 50 legendary attractions including the National Cowboy and Western Museum and the Myriad Botanical Gardens, in addition to world-class shopping and restaurants makes OKC the ideal destination. Discover the sights and sounds of the Old West in Stockyards City, watch or place your bets at the horse races in Remington Park, then have dinner and see a show in historic and charming Bricktown.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!