Registered Nurse – PICU job in Miami, FL
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit/PICU RN Responsibilities:
- The Pediatric Intensive Care Nurse provides age and culturally appropriate care to patient, consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Monitors patient’s vital signs, such as blood pressure, breathing and heart rate, and initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology
- Follows continuous cardiac and respiratory monitor readings, such as EKG tracings, O2 stats, CVP/arterial line waveforms, if applicable, and reports any observed changes
- Tracks urine output, changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs (both central venous & arterial)
- Administers infusion therapy, including: IV fluids, antibiotics, antifungals, antivirals, electrolytes
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, such as ventilators
- Prepares and administers and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments, analyzes lab results
- Assists treating physician during examination, treatment and procedures, which can include life-saving situations
- Assists with the insertion or discontinuation of CV catheters, arterial lines, external ventricular drains, epidural catheters and endotracheal tubes, Foleys
- The PICU RN provides education, information and emotional support to the patient’s family and caregivers
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
- The PICU RN performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 417-bed, full-service hospital provides the residents of Miami-Dade County with 24-hour comprehensive medical, trauma, surgical, behavioral health and diagnostic services, along with a wide range of patient and community services. This facility has been honored by being nationally recognized with many prestigious awards including the Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals, Heathgrades Distinguished Hospital (Top 5%) for Clinical Excellence, and The Joint Commission certification as a Primary Stroke Center, just to name a few.
From the trendy nightlife of South Beach to experiencing the Cuban culture in Little Havana, Miami, FL offers something for everyone! Miami has over 3,200 hours of sunshine a year which is perfect for enjoying the endless miles of beaches! Because the beaches are all around, water activities such as kayaking, jet skiing, parasailing, scuba diving, deep sea fishing, and windsurfing, are what people love to do. Miami is internationally recognized for its art galleries; you can experience the culture of the arts from attending museums and galleries or by just simply walking on the street in the Wynwood Arts District. Take a stroll down Lincoln Road, a street full of charming little stores including bookstores, cafes and clothing stores to have fun in. Be sure to check out the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, where you will feel transported into a time when architecture was about elegance and not functionality. Whatever you want to experience in Miami, is right at your fingertips.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!