Registered Nurse – PICU job in Lake Charles, LA
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit/PICU RN Responsibilities:
- The Pediatric Intensive Care Nurse provides age and culturally appropriate care to patient, consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Monitors patient’s vital signs, such as blood pressure, breathing and heart rate, and initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology
- Follows continuous cardiac and respiratory monitor readings, such as EKG tracings, O2 stats, CVP/arterial line waveforms, if applicable, and reports any observed changes
- Tracks urine output, changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs (both central venous & arterial)
- Administers infusion therapy, including: IV fluids, antibiotics, antifungals, antivirals, electrolytes
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, such as ventilators
- Prepares and administers and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments, analyzes lab results
- Assists treating physician during examination, treatment and procedures, which can include life-saving situations
- Assists with the insertion or discontinuation of CV catheters, arterial lines, external ventricular drains, epidural catheters and endotracheal tubes, Foleys
- The PICU RN provides education, information and emotional support to the patient’s family and caregivers
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
- The PICU RN performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is part of a larger health care system and is recognized as the region’s largest family-centered medical complex, serving the needs of Southwest Louisiana for over 60 years! This main campus consists of 314 licensed acute care beds and provides the largest array of specialty and emergency services in the community. It is a member of the Voluntary Hospitals of America and is fully licensed by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. The Cancer Center was also the recipient of the Outstanding Achievement Award by the American College of Surgeons’(ACS) Commission on Cancer (CoC).
Lake Charles, LA is often referred to as Southwest Louisiana and is a thriving destination that caters to many. This area offers everything from flashy casinos and award-winning golf courses to hunting and fishing adventures and over 75 festivals, ranging from the area’s family friendly Mardi Gras to the Contraband Days Pirate Festival. Performing arts are flourishing in Lake Charles, with theatre and musical groups, including the Lake Charles Symphony. There are multiple museums to explore the history and culture of Lake Charles, including the Mardi Gras Museum, which houses the largest display of Mardi Gras costumes in the world. In South Louisiana is where you can taste world-famous Cajun and Creole cuisine. Take a drive along the Creole Nature Trail All-American Road, which is alive with wildlife, including alligators, birds and three wildlife refuges. The nightlife scene in Lake Charles is also booming with headlining entertainment and excellent amenities at the area’s casino resorts.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!