Registered Nurse – PICU job in Albuquerque, NM
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit/PICU RN Responsibilities:
- The Pediatric Intensive Care Nurse provides age and culturally appropriate care to patient, consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Monitors patient’s vital signs, such as blood pressure, breathing and heart rate, and initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology
- Follows continuous cardiac and respiratory monitor readings, such as EKG tracings, O2 stats, CVP/arterial line waveforms, if applicable, and reports any observed changes
- Tracks urine output, changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs (both central venous & arterial)
- Administers infusion therapy, including: IV fluids, antibiotics, antifungals, antivirals, electrolytes
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, such as ventilators
- Prepares and administers and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments, analyzes lab results
- Assists treating physician during examination, treatment and procedures, which can include life-saving situations
- Assists with the insertion or discontinuation of CV catheters, arterial lines, external ventricular drains, epidural catheters and endotracheal tubes, Foleys
- The PICU RN provides education, information and emotional support to the patient’s family and caregivers
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
- The PICU RN performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This hospital provides care for more than 200,000 patients each year and their hospitals play an important role in the community based health research in New Mexico. At this facility, you’ll find the states only Level 1 trauma center, it’s only national Cancer Institute- designated cancer center, a stroke and neuro-trauma service, a burn center, a pediatric cardiothoracic program, as well as bariatric and orthopedic programs. The Health System allows everyone from children to senior citizens to enjoy and benefit from behavioral health programs to integrative medic and spiritual care. Their mission is simply to care not only for you and your loved ones, but all across New Mexico.
Cobblestone streets and adobe walls encompass the city of Albuquerque, rich in Native American and Spanish culture. Be sure to check out Old Town, the city’s epicenter, which is a 10-block neighborhood that is a living tribute to its heritage. Explore Southwestern art galleries housed in ancient adobe structures and take a tour through the stunning Church of San Felipe de Neri, the city’s oldest building. In the first week of October Albuquerque hosts the International Balloon Fiesta, where for an entire week the sky fills with almost 600 brightly colored balloons. There is also much to discover in the outdoors with the Rio Grande River running through the city, there are endless amounts of trails, parks, and nearby Sandia Mountains to explore.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!