Registered Nurse – PCU job in Wenatchee, WA
Progressive Care Unit/PCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Progressive Care Unit/PCU RN Responsibilities:
- PCU Registered Nurses care for patients who need close monitoring and frequent assessment, but who aren’t unstable enough to require ICU care.
- The PCU RN uses computer equipment to monitor cardiac and other vital information and detect any changes, thereby enabling intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations.
- Close observation is necessary as many PCU patients receive a significant amount of complex medications, sometimes through an intravenous line that may need to be adjusted or titrated.
- The PCU RN is sometimes also called a step-down nurse, telemetry nurse, cardiac stepdown, medical stepdown, neuro stepdown, surgical stepdown and ER holding.
- Provides exceptional bedside care
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets electronic displays to help guide treatment
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is part of a larger healthcare system that prides itself on serving the communities of Washington. This hospital is a 20-bed facility that provides acute medical and surgical services, and inpatient rehabilitation to the communities in Northern Central Washington. They use technology and resources to stay on the leading edge of healthcare innovation.
Set on the east side of the Cascade Mountain Range, Wenatchee, WA has 300 days of sunshine a year, making it a prime destination for outdoor enthusiasts. Wenatchee’s Riverfront Park, a 31-acre park set on the banks of the Columbia, offers miles of trails to walk, bike, roller-blade, as well as a playground and a swimming beach! Wenatchee is best known for its apples; the city is surrounded by orchards and farms. The annual Washington State Apple Blossom Festival runs from the last weekend of April to the first weekend in May, with parades, carnival rides, golf tournaments, food fairs, and live entertainment, drawing people from around the world! Check out the Wenatchee Valley Museum and Cultural Center to learn about the region’s rich culture and natural history. If you are an art fan, every first Friday of the month head downtown for First Friday and stroll the streets as businesses stay open late and host artists, musical performances, art exhibits, and refreshments. Wenatchee also has an amazing Performing Arts Center and a variety of downtown galleries, cafes and shops to explore.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!