Registered Nurse – PCU job in Scranton, PA
Progressive Care Unit/PCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Progressive Care Unit/PCU RN Responsibilities:
- PCU Registered Nurses care for patients who need close monitoring and frequent assessment, but who aren’t unstable enough to require ICU care.
- The PCU RN uses computer equipment to monitor cardiac and other vital information and detect any changes, thereby enabling intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations.
- Close observation is necessary as many PCU patients receive a significant amount of complex medications, sometimes through an intravenous line that may need to be adjusted or titrated.
- The PCU RN is sometimes also called a step-down nurse, telemetry nurse, cardiac stepdown, medical stepdown, neuro stepdown, surgical stepdown and ER holding.
- Provides exceptional bedside care
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets electronic displays to help guide treatment
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is part of a larger healthcare system that is widely recognized for its innovative use of the electronic health record and the development of innovative care delivery models. With a focus on patient care and quality, this medical center offers comprehensive services to meet patients’ complex healthcare needs. This community hospital has 248-beds, is an accredited Primary Stroke Center, and is the area’s only Level II Trauma Center. It is home to the award-winning Heart and Vascular Institute and the only hospital in Scranton to be certified as both a Heart Attack Receiving Center by the American Heart Association and an accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. This facility has an EPIC EMR system, providing the most up-to-date information regarding patients’ care and treatment to its nurses, physicians and facilities.
Scranton, PA is the sixth-largest city in Pennsylvania and is known as the “Electric City” because the first electric trolleys were used here. Explore the Electric Trolley Museum, where you can travel through the history of trolleys and jump into a 90-year old trolley that has been put back into use to take visitors through a one-mile tunnel that was built in 1904. Take a tour down a real coal mile that is no longer in operation. It will take you 300 feet down an actual mine shaft! On your day off or after a shift check out Scranton’s largest park, Nay Aug, where you can explore walking trails, picnic areas, kid-friendly rides, playgrounds, pools, a waterslide complex and much more! Discover Montage Mountain Ski Resort, located 8 miles from downtown Scranton where you can ski, snowboard, snow tube, or just sit back and enjoy the scenic terrain.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!