Registered Nurse – PCU job in Owensboro, KY
Progressive Care Unit/PCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Progressive Care Unit/PCU RN Responsibilities:
- PCU Registered Nurses care for patients who need close monitoring and frequent assessment, but who aren’t unstable enough to require ICU care.
- The PCU RN uses computer equipment to monitor cardiac and other vital information and detect any changes, thereby enabling intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations.
- Close observation is necessary as many PCU patients receive a significant amount of complex medications, sometimes through an intravenous line that may need to be adjusted or titrated.
- The PCU RN is sometimes also called a step-down nurse, telemetry nurse, cardiac stepdown, medical stepdown, neuro stepdown, surgical stepdown and ER holding.
- Provides exceptional bedside care
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets electronic displays to help guide treatment
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Built in 2013, this 477-bed facility was designed to help patients receive high-quality care in a comfortable environment. With over 9 stories, it has as many windows that were allowed because natural light is proven to help aid in healing. It is a verified Level III Trauma Center, certified Primary Stroke Center, and their emergency department gets over 66,000 visits a year! This hospital also has the largest Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in the region and offers a full array of inpatient and outpatient services.
As the fourth-largest city in Kentucky, Owensboro is located on scenic bend Ohio River in western Kentucky. It is only an hour from Bowling Green and two hours from Nashville, TN, allowing you do really do some amazing road trips on your days off. Known as the “City of Festivals,” Owensboro hosts more than 20 annual festivals including the International Bar-B-Q Festival, Big O Music Fest, or the River of Bluegrass Music Festival. Explore the International Bluegrass Music Museum, the world’s only facility dedicated to the history and preservation of the history of the genre that originated in western Kentucky. If you are into outdoor adventure, look no further, Owensboro has numerous trails and pools, ice skating, a sports center, and a 5,000-seat arena.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!