Registered Nurse – PCU job in La Mesa, CA
Progressive Care Unit/PCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Progressive Care Unit/PCU RN Responsibilities:
- PCU Registered Nurses care for patients who need close monitoring and frequent assessment, but who aren’t unstable enough to require ICU care.
- The PCU RN uses computer equipment to monitor cardiac and other vital information and detect any changes, thereby enabling intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations.
- Close observation is necessary as many PCU patients receive a significant amount of complex medications, sometimes through an intravenous line that may need to be adjusted or titrated.
- The PCU RN is sometimes also called a step-down nurse, telemetry nurse, cardiac stepdown, medical stepdown, neuro stepdown, surgical stepdown and ER holding.
- Provides exceptional bedside care
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets electronic displays to help guide treatment
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
As the largest hospital in East San Diego County with 528 beds, this facility is a general medical and surgical hospital offering the surrounding community top-of-the-line care and expertise. This hospital is fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities and has a very active emergency department. Patient treatment plans are always well thought out and both doctors and nurses play an integral part in making a patient feel calm and at home while in the hospital. Kindness and empathy are two integral parts of the hospital’s philosophy on patient care, which promotes the more successful healing. The facility prides itself on its investing in innovative and high level technologies, used to provide patients with and carry out the most thorough and complete treatment plans. It offers a variety of services including orthopedics, labor & delivery, cancer care, cardiac care, and stroke care.
San Diego is a city on the Pacific coast of California known for its beaches, parks and warm climate. San Diego offers endless amounts of world famous attractions for everyone! Spend time in Balboa Park, the city’s ultimate cultural hub where you can soak up the stunning setting while exploring the many museums, theaters and gardens that call this 1,200-acre park home. Check out the San Diego Zoo, one of the most famous zoos in the country, known for its expansive natural habitats or explore Gaslamp Quarter, 16 blocks of Victorian-style buildings that house a variety of shops, art galleries and trendy restaurants, not to mention some of the city’s most popular nightlife venues. From SeaWorld to LEGOLAND to the famous beaches and museums, you can always find something to experience in San Diego!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!