Registered Nurse – PCU job in Kansas City, MO
Progressive Care Unit/PCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Progressive Care Unit/PCU RN Responsibilities:
- PCU Registered Nurses care for patients who need close monitoring and frequent assessment, but who aren’t unstable enough to require ICU care.
- The PCU RN uses computer equipment to monitor cardiac and other vital information and detect any changes, thereby enabling intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations.
- Close observation is necessary as many PCU patients receive a significant amount of complex medications, sometimes through an intravenous line that may need to be adjusted or titrated.
- The PCU RN is sometimes also called a step-down nurse, telemetry nurse, cardiac stepdown, medical stepdown, neuro stepdown, surgical stepdown and ER holding.
- Provides exceptional bedside care
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets electronic displays to help guide treatment
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is a 590-bed hospital whose mission is to touch lives with hope, healing, comfort and care. This hospital is recognized as a healthcare leader in the Kansas region as a result of their skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. This hospital is filled with over 700 doctors representing 29 different medical services. These services include obstetrics and fertility, a trauma center, orthopedics, a stroke center, as well as other services.
Kansas City, MO offers a variety of attractions and is known for its barbecue, jazz heritage and fountains. One of the most popular places to dine, shop, movie watch or simply walk around is the Country Club Plaza. This outdoor shopping district is full of chain and high-end retail stores, but the biggest appeal is the Spanish-style fountains and the beautiful architecture. In Westport, a popular neighborhood where people flock to enjoy local shopping, dining and a night on the town, you maneuver on foot to get a feel for the native businesses and culture of this diverse area. Take a trip back in time and visit the Arabia Steamboat Museum and the National World War I Museum. If you want to experience the outdoor recreation of Kansas City, there is over 220 parks, 29 lakes, and 100+ miles of trails and bikeways to explore. Scenic boulevards and parkways are all throughout the city, constantly reminding you of the beauty that Kansas City has to offer.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!