Registered Nurse – PCU job in Greenville, NC
Progressive Care Unit/PCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Progressive Care Unit/PCU RN Responsibilities:
- PCU Registered Nurses care for patients who need close monitoring and frequent assessment, but who aren’t unstable enough to require ICU care.
- The PCU RN uses computer equipment to monitor cardiac and other vital information and detect any changes, thereby enabling intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations.
- Close observation is necessary as many PCU patients receive a significant amount of complex medications, sometimes through an intravenous line that may need to be adjusted or titrated.
- The PCU RN is sometimes also called a step-down nurse, telemetry nurse, cardiac stepdown, medical stepdown, neuro stepdown, surgical stepdown and ER holding.
- Provides exceptional bedside care
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets electronic displays to help guide treatment
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
With 900 licensed beds, this third largest Level I trauma center in the nation serves as a flagship teaching hospital for East Carolina University. This facility offers extensive inpatient and outpatient services to its community. It is also a tertiary care referral center and a designated Magnet hospital. At this facility putting patients first is more than just a goal- it’s a way of life! Come work in a state-of-the-art- facility that is nationally recognized for patient and family-centered care.
Greenville, NC is the health, entertainment, and educational hub of North Carolina’s Tidewater and Coastal Plain. Visit the Greenville Museum of Art or visit the Magnolia Arts Center to experience the rich culture of arts in Greenville. Home to East Carolina University this town offers many restaurants, bars, and night clubs to explore. Since Greenville is the regional shopping destination visit the Greenville Mall or head to one of the many strip-malls in the area. Don’t stop there, take a trip over to uptown to experience some hip restaurants and retail stores.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!