Registered Nurse – PCU job in Grand Forks, ND
Progressive Care Unit/PCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Progressive Care Unit/PCU RN Responsibilities:
- PCU Registered Nurses care for patients who need close monitoring and frequent assessment, but who aren’t unstable enough to require ICU care.
- The PCU RN uses computer equipment to monitor cardiac and other vital information and detect any changes, thereby enabling intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations.
- Close observation is necessary as many PCU patients receive a significant amount of complex medications, sometimes through an intravenous line that may need to be adjusted or titrated.
- The PCU RN is sometimes also called a step-down nurse, telemetry nurse, cardiac stepdown, medical stepdown, neuro stepdown, surgical stepdown and ER holding.
- Provides exceptional bedside care
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets electronic displays to help guide treatment
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility, located in Grand Forks, North Dakota, is part of a health system with 3,800 health professionals and support staff committed to caring for the region for more than 100 years. Serving over 200,000 residents in northeast North Dakota and northwest Minnesota, they provide an array of services to meet the needs of patients of all ages and levels of health. The facility is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, with access to clinically integrated tools extending Mayo Clinic’s knowledge and expertise to patients. They are committed to improving the delivery of healthcare through high quality, data-driven, evidence-based medical care and treatment.
North Dakota’s culture is warm and welcoming – in fact, “Dakota” is the Sioux word for “friend.” Grand Forks, North Dakota offers a variety of arts and cultural events, as well as the North Dakota Museum of Art, which shows many nationally touring exhibits and regional artists. Grand Forks also offers plenty of beautiful landscapes and outdoor recreation. The Grand Forks Park District consists of 14 neighborhood parks, 28 tennis courts, 2 swimming pools, and 3 “splash” parks. Or take a ride along the Greater Grand Forks Greenway, a large park that runs along the Red River and offers an extensive path system, large festival grounds, ski trails, and wildflower gardens.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!