Registered Nurse – PCU job in Fisherville, VA
Progressive Care Unit/PCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Progressive Care Unit/PCU RN Responsibilities:
- PCU Registered Nurses care for patients who need close monitoring and frequent assessment, but who aren’t unstable enough to require ICU care.
- The PCU RN uses computer equipment to monitor cardiac and other vital information and detect any changes, thereby enabling intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations.
- Close observation is necessary as many PCU patients receive a significant amount of complex medications, sometimes through an intravenous line that may need to be adjusted or titrated.
- The PCU RN is sometimes also called a step-down nurse, telemetry nurse, cardiac stepdown, medical stepdown, neuro stepdown, surgical stepdown and ER holding.
- Provides exceptional bedside care
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets electronic displays to help guide treatment
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Located in Shenandoah Valley, this hospital is among the finest community hospitals in America. This facility has 255-beds, offering state-of-the-art technology and an array of inpatient and outpatient services. It was recognized already in 2017 by Healthgrades as America’s 50 Best Hospitals. This facility has an EPIC EMR system, providing the most up-to-date information regarding patients’ care and treatment to its nurses, physicians and facilities.
Fishersville is located in the area called Waynesboro, Virginia. As an outdoor enthusiasts’ playground, this area is a designated Appalachian trail Community offering vistas from over 100 overlooks and 682 miles of hiking trails. Explore the Plumb House and experience wandering throughout one of the city’s oldest dwellings from the Civil War era. Take an art class or a tour of the Shenandoah Valley Art Center, in a fully restored building in downtown Waynesboro. This area offers year-round events and festivals, making it a great stop for your next travel nurse job.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!