Registered Nurse – PCU job in Falls Church, VA
Progressive Care Unit/PCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Progressive Care Unit/PCU RN Responsibilities:
- PCU Registered Nurses care for patients who need close monitoring and frequent assessment, but who aren’t unstable enough to require ICU care.
- The PCU RN uses computer equipment to monitor cardiac and other vital information and detect any changes, thereby enabling intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations.
- Close observation is necessary as many PCU patients receive a significant amount of complex medications, sometimes through an intravenous line that may need to be adjusted or titrated.
- The PCU RN is sometimes also called a step-down nurse, telemetry nurse, cardiac stepdown, medical stepdown, neuro stepdown, surgical stepdown and ER holding.
- Provides exceptional bedside care
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets electronic displays to help guide treatment
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
As part of a larger not-for-profit healthcare system, this 833-bed facility is a nationally recognized medical center serving Northern Virginia and the Washington DC, metro area. It is consistently ranked among the top healthcare providers in the US and serves as Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center. It is home to a robust organ transplant center that services the region and is also a teaching facility with residency programs in 11 specialties. This facility has an EPIC EMR system, providing the most up-to-date information regarding patients’ care and treatment to its nurses, physicians and facilities.
Falls Church is located just minutes outside of Arlington, VA. Arlington is directly across the Potomac River from Washington D.C. and is rich in American history. Check out the famous Arlington National Cemetery or take a tour of the Pentagon. Walk, bike, or jog the Mount Vernon Trail, the paved recreational trail of 18 miles with wonderful views of the Potomac River and Washington D.C.’s famous landmarks. See a show at Signature Theatre, the home-grown theater that is renowned for combining Broadway-quality productions with an intimate playing space. Arlington is Virginia’s urban village, offering a variety of shops, restaurants, theaters, and a pedestrian friendly promenade.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!