Registered Nurse – PCU job in Albuquerque, NM
Progressive Care Unit/PCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Progressive Care Unit/PCU RN Responsibilities:
- PCU Registered Nurses care for patients who need close monitoring and frequent assessment, but who aren’t unstable enough to require ICU care.
- The PCU RN uses computer equipment to monitor cardiac and other vital information and detect any changes, thereby enabling intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations.
- Close observation is necessary as many PCU patients receive a significant amount of complex medications, sometimes through an intravenous line that may need to be adjusted or titrated.
- The PCU RN is sometimes also called a step-down nurse, telemetry nurse, cardiac stepdown, medical stepdown, neuro stepdown, surgical stepdown and ER holding.
- Provides exceptional bedside care
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets electronic displays to help guide treatment
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This hospital provides care for more than 200,000 patients each year and their hospitals play an important role in the community based health research in New Mexico. At this facility, you’ll find the states only Level 1 trauma center, it’s only national Cancer Institute- designated cancer center, a stroke and neuro-trauma service, a burn center, a pediatric cardiothoracic program, as well as bariatric and orthopedic programs. The Health System allows everyone from children to senior citizens to enjoy and benefit from behavioral health programs to integrative medic and spiritual care. Their mission is simply to care not only for you and your loved ones, but all across New Mexico.
Cobblestone streets and adobe walls encompass the city of Albuquerque, rich in Native American and Spanish culture. Be sure to check out Old Town, the city’s epicenter, which is a 10-block neighborhood that is a living tribute to its heritage. Explore Southwestern art galleries housed in ancient adobe structures and take a tour through the stunning Church of San Felipe de Neri, the city’s oldest building. In the first week of October Albuquerque hosts the International Balloon Fiesta, where for an entire week the sky fills with almost 600 brightly colored balloons. There is also much to discover in the outdoors with the Rio Grande River running through the city, there are endless amounts of trails, parks, and nearby Sandia Mountains to explore.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!