Registered Nurse – PACU job in Springfield, MO
Post-anesthesia or Postoperative (PACU) Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
PACU RN Responsibilities:
- The RN’s assesses the patient’s health in pre-op state
- PACU nurses are responsible for overseeing vital signs, changing bandages, and administering necessary medications
- Educating families and patients about homecare instructions
- Manage respiratory instability and cardiac monitoring activities
- Assess patient’s condition after surgery is performed; ensure that all vital signs are within range
- Accurately and completely record all findings in patient’s chart
- The Registered Nurse will develop individualized care plans based on patient’s condition
- Monitors patient’s condition changes and reports changes to healthcare team
- Perform intervention duties in the case of post-operative emergencies
- Record sedation levels and body temperatures
- PACU RN will Ensure the post-operative space is clean and sanitized
- Changes bandages and surgical wounds
- The PACU RN will Perform other duties as requested
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This nationally ranked, not-for-profit facility is known for its unique combination of leading-edge health care provided by a compassionate team. This 886-bed serves people all throughout southwest Missouri and northwest Arkansas. It is home to a designated Level I Trauma Center & Burn Center, Life Line air ambulance service, a dedicated Children’s Hospital, Cancer Center, Heart Institute, and a nationally-certified Stroke Center.
Located along the Ozarks, Springfield, Missouri is a regional hub with large city amenities and small town hospitality. Includes intriguing attractions, a diverse culinary scene, unique shopping, and an ode to classic American heritage. Visit the Pythinian Castle for ghost tours and mystery dinners, the Gillioz Theater, a restored 1920’s performing arts theater, and the Fantastic Caverns – America’s ONLY underground driving tour through a cave.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!