Registered Nurse – PACU job in Oklahoma City, OK
Post-anesthesia or Postoperative (PACU) Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
PACU RN Responsibilities:
- The RN’s assesses the patient’s health in pre-op state
- PACU nurses are responsible for overseeing vital signs, changing bandages, and administering necessary medications
- Educating families and patients about homecare instructions
- Manage respiratory instability and cardiac monitoring activities
- Assess patient’s condition after surgery is performed; ensure that all vital signs are within range
- Accurately and completely record all findings in patient’s chart
- The Registered Nurse will develop individualized care plans based on patient’s condition
- Monitors patient’s condition changes and reports changes to healthcare team
- Perform intervention duties in the case of post-operative emergencies
- Record sedation levels and body temperatures
- PACU RN will Ensure the post-operative space is clean and sanitized
- Changes bandages and surgical wounds
- The PACU RN will Perform other duties as requested
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Located in the heart of Oklahoma City, this 724 bed facility is a state-of-the-art medical center offering a full range of hospital services. Among many accomplishments, this facility is recognized for thirty-one Centers for Excellence, including: Trauma One Center, The Women’s and Newborn Center, Senior Health Center, Organ Transplant Services, Children’s Hospital Emergency Department, Oklahoma Center for Bleeding and Clotting Disorders, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Stroke Center, Radiation Therapy Center, Vascular Center, and many more. In addition, this facility is known as an academic medical center, and a great place for nurses to gain experience in their careers.
In Oklahoma City you can visit the Zoo, go to an OKC Thunder basketball game, or check out one of the many museums, fun festivals, or outdoor activities. Over 50 legendary attractions including the National Cowboy and Western Museum and the Myriad Botanical Gardens, in addition to world-class shopping and restaurants makes OKC the ideal destination. Discover the sights and sounds of the Old West in Stockyards City, watch or place your bets at the horse races in Remington Park, then have dinner and see a show in historic and charming Bricktown.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!