Registered Nurse – PACU job in King City, CA
Post-anesthesia or Postoperative (PACU) Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
PACU RN Responsibilities:
- The RN’s assesses the patient’s health in pre-op state
- PACU nurses are responsible for overseeing vital signs, changing bandages, and administering necessary medications
- Educating families and patients about homecare instructions
- Manage respiratory instability and cardiac monitoring activities
- Assess patient’s condition after surgery is performed; ensure that all vital signs are within range
- Accurately and completely record all findings in patient’s chart
- The Registered Nurse will develop individualized care plans based on patient’s condition
- Monitors patient’s condition changes and reports changes to healthcare team
- Perform intervention duties in the case of post-operative emergencies
- Record sedation levels and body temperatures
- PACU RN will Ensure the post-operative space is clean and sanitized
- Changes bandages and surgical wounds
- The PACU RN will Perform other duties as requested
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 119-bed facility offers an extensive array of services with a commitment to the highest possible standards, the best available technology, and the care of skilled healthcare professionals. It is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations and its services include family practice, pediatrics, ophthalmology, obstetrics and gynecology, internal medicine, cardiology, orthopedics, general surgery, and podiatry.
King City, CA is located approximately 40 minutes away from Salinas. Salinas is where you can find historic sites, unspoiled farmland, world-class wines, a quaint, historic downtown, and some of the friendliest people around. Salinas’ hospitality blends yesterday’s charm with today’s modern conveniences. Local attractions include more than 50 beaches, 60 plus parks, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Giant Redwoods of Big Sur and Santa Cruz, Gilroy Gardens Amusement Park, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and a variety of history and art museums. The area is known as the Salad Bowl of the World for its agriculture and fresh, home-grown produce and it hosts numerous festivals to celebrate their heritage such as the Artichoke Festival, the Garlic Festival and the Strawberry Festival. The city is also home to many great music festivals, like the world famous Monterey Jazz Festival, Blues Festival, and Bach Festival.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!