Registered Nurse – PACU job in Hammond, LA
Post-anesthesia or Postoperative (PACU) Registered Nurse (RN) Local Job
PACU RN Responsibilities:
- The RN’s assesses the patient’s health in pre-op state
- PACU nurses are responsible for overseeing vital signs, changing bandages, and administering necessary medications
- Educating families and patients about homecare instructions
- Manage respiratory instability and cardiac monitoring activities
- Assess patient’s condition after surgery is performed; ensure that all vital signs are within range
- Accurately and completely record all findings in patient’s chart
- The Registered Nurse will develop individualized care plans based on patient’s condition
- Monitors patient’s condition changes and reports changes to healthcare team
- Perform intervention duties in the case of post-operative emergencies
- Record sedation levels and body temperatures
- PACU RN will Ensure the post-operative space is clean and sanitized
- Changes bandages and surgical wounds
- The PACU RN will Perform other duties as requested
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Winner of the 2012 Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval, this 355-bed health system provides cancer care, diabetes education, emergency care, heart health services, has an intensive care unit, radiology services, rehabilitation, sports medicine, surgical services, and more. Just like GIFTED, North Oaks believes in doing the right thing, at the right time, in the right way, in order to achieve the best possible result for every patient. They have earned New Orleans CityBusiness Best Places to Work for 6 consecutive years!
The beautiful, quaint city of Hammond is nestled between New Orleans and Baton Rouge Louisiana, only a 45 minute drive to either. Hammond offers many nearby attractions; a safari adventure at the Global Wildlife Center, the Kentwood Historical and Cultural Arts Museum, the Camp Moore Confederate Museum, and Kliebert’s Alligator farm, where visitors get up close and personal with a working alligator and turtle farm. The area is an antique haven and the renowned Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival is held in the spring.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!