Registered Nurse – PACU job in Fresno, CA
Post-anesthesia or Postoperative (PACU) Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
PACU RN Responsibilities:
- The RN’s assesses the patient’s health in pre-op state
- PACU nurses are responsible for overseeing vital signs, changing bandages, and administering necessary medications
- Educating families and patients about homecare instructions
- Manage respiratory instability and cardiac monitoring activities
- Assess patient’s condition after surgery is performed; ensure that all vital signs are within range
- Accurately and completely record all findings in patient’s chart
- The Registered Nurse will develop individualized care plans based on patient’s condition
- Monitors patient’s condition changes and reports changes to healthcare team
- Perform intervention duties in the case of post-operative emergencies
- Record sedation levels and body temperatures
- PACU RN will Ensure the post-operative space is clean and sanitized
- Changes bandages and surgical wounds
- The PACU RN will Perform other duties as requested
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is a fully-licensed, Joint Commission accredited hospital that prides itself on award-winning surgical care and patient satisfaction. It is physician-owned and focuses on providing advanced, affordable surgical care to its community. It offers a wide range of services including total joint, spine surgery, orthopedics, ophthalmology, pain intervention, urology, women’s services, and general. It was the only local hospital to recently earn a 5-Star Rating on Hospital Compare as reported by Medicare.gov and was the recipient of the 2016 Hospital of the Year Award by Physician Hospitals of America.
As the fifth largest city in California, Fresno is at the center of San Joaquin Valley. Home to Fresno State and 58-miles from Yosemite National Park, this region ranks high in education and entertainment. Be sure to check out Fresno Chaffee Zoo, covering 39 acres and housing over 190 species, or explore the Forestiere Underground Gardens, which is described as a sustainable underground oasis. The San Joaquin Valley area is also known for its many vineyards, be sure to take a tour and explore the beautiful gardens that these wineries have to discover. The Tower District is a world all of its own located within Fresno. It consists of a collection of galleries, performing art venues, theaters, nightclubs, restaurants, cafes, and specialty shops that offer something unique for everyone.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!