Registered Nurse – Outpatient Surgery job in New Orleans, LA
ICU/ Critical Care/ Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Critical Care/ICU/ CCU RN Responsibilities:
- Critical Care Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional Critical Care RNs have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment static function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Critical Care RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Located in the heart of New Orleans, this 156-bed facility has been serving generations of families throughout the city since 1926. It is fully accredited and staffed by more than 600 trusted, skilled physicians and specialists, offering a full-service Emergency Department, cardiology, orthopedics, intensive care, imaging center, laser vision center, and more. This facility is also the primary Women’s Services hospital in the New Orleans area. It is part of a larger healthcare system that has been nationally recognized in clinical excellence and as an employer of choice. This facility has an EPIC EMR system, providing the most up-to-date information regarding patients’ care and treatment to its nurses, physicians and facilities.
New Orleans is one of the world’s most fascinating cities located on the Mississippi river bend, hence the name “The Crescent City”. It is home to a unique melting pot of culture, food, art and music. Stroll up and down Royal Street and take in the beautiful art and antique shopping; take a ride on the streetcar and see the magnificent St. Charles Avenue mansions; catch a Saints football game at the Superdome, and even enjoy a celebrated parade during the unique season of Mardi Gras. From world-famous restaurants and cuisine to some of the best local music in the world, New Orleans has something great to discover at every turn. New Orleans is heart, soul and spirit of Louisiana.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!