Registered Nurse – Ortho job in Rapid City , SD
Orthopedic/Ortho Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Orthopedic/Ortho RN Responsibilities:
- Orthopedic RNs provide care to patients who have bone fractures, degenerative diseases, joint replacement surgery or other conditions that affect the bones and muscles.
- Duties include but are not limited to; casting, external fixation care, neurovascular status monitoring, traction and continuous motion therapy.
- Additional responsibilities consist of; assessing new patients, monitoring existing patient’s conditions, providing treatments such as dressing changes and administering medications as ordered by the physician.
- Monitors and records vital signs, monitors the surgical site and informs doctors of any changes with the patient’s condition.
- Utilizes knowledge and skills to ensure patients remain as comfortable as possible.
- Teaches patients new methods for performing personal tasks and provides them with information regarding assistance programs, support groups and other resources they may require.
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- The Ortho RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Headquartered in Rapid City, South Dakota, this facility is a community-based health care system with a mission to make a difference, every day. The facility offers care in 33 medical specialties and serves 20 communities across western South Dakota and in eastern Wyoming. With over 4,500 physicians and caregivers, the health system is comprised of 5 hospitals, 8 specialty and surgical centers and more than 40 medical clinics and health care service centers.
Known as the “Gateway to the Black Hills,” Rapid City is the second-largest city in South Dakota. Rapid City’s popular local attractions include Art Alley, Dinosaur Park, the City of Presidents walking tour, Chapel in the Hills, Storybook Island, and Main Street Square. Rapid City is also a short distance from the iconic Mount Rushmore National Memorial, which attracts 3 million visitors per year. Visit Custer State Park to see majestic wildlife like bison, antelope, and mountain goats, or check out the nearby Old West town of Deadwood. Take your next nursing adventure in South Dakota with GIFTED Healthcare!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!