Registered Nurse – Ortho job in Live Oak, TX
Orthopedic/Ortho Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Orthopedic/Ortho RN Responsibilities:
- Orthopedic RNs provide care to patients who have bone fractures, degenerative diseases, joint replacement surgery or other conditions that affect the bones and muscles.
- Duties include but are not limited to; casting, external fixation care, neurovascular status monitoring, traction and continuous motion therapy.
- Additional responsibilities consist of; assessing new patients, monitoring existing patient’s conditions, providing treatments such as dressing changes and administering medications as ordered by the physician.
- Monitors and records vital signs, monitors the surgical site and informs doctors of any changes with the patient’s condition.
- Utilizes knowledge and skills to ensure patients remain as comfortable as possible.
- Teaches patients new methods for performing personal tasks and provides them with information regarding assistance programs, support groups and other resources they may require.
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- The Ortho RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
As part of a larger healthcare system, this 116-bed facility offers a full array of services including emergency care, open heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, neurosurgery, inpatient rehabilitation, orthopedic surgery, cancer care, intensive care, and inpatient and outpatient surgeries and procedures. This hospital is an accredited chest pain center and recently received Joint Commission certification as a stroke center.
Live Oak, TX is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan area, the seventh-most populated city in the United States. With a growing restaurant scene, historic restorations, and a number of new construction, San Antonio is becoming a multifaceted metropolis. It is full of historical and cultural adventures to explore with attractions such as the Alamo, San Antonio Missions National Historic Park and the Spanish Governor’s Palace. The museums, such as the San Antonio Museum of Art and the McNay Art Museum are a must-see! San Antonio is also home to SeaWorld and Six Flags Fiesta Texas, ensuring lots of fun for all ages. Be sure to check out the area’s largest public park, Brackenridge Park, is over 350 acres packed with outdoor activities. The park features trail for walking and biking, a golf course, fishing at the San Antonio River, a miniature train to ride, playgrounds, picnic areas, and the San Antonio Zoo. And you must take a stroll down the River Walk, a 3-mile-long path along the San Antonio River offering restaurants, shops, and boat tours! This big city has a small town feel and is the perfect place for your next assignment!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!