Registered Nurse – Ortho job in Dothan, AL
Orthopedic/Ortho Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Orthopedic/Ortho RN Responsibilities:
- Orthopedic RNs provide care to patients who have bone fractures, degenerative diseases, joint replacement surgery or other conditions that affect the bones and muscles.
- Duties include but are not limited to; casting, external fixation care, neurovascular status monitoring, traction and continuous motion therapy.
- Additional responsibilities consist of; assessing new patients, monitoring existing patient’s conditions, providing treatments such as dressing changes and administering medications as ordered by the physician.
- Monitors and records vital signs, monitors the surgical site and informs doctors of any changes with the patient’s condition.
- Utilizes knowledge and skills to ensure patients remain as comfortable as possible.
- Teaches patients new methods for performing personal tasks and provides them with information regarding assistance programs, support groups and other resources they may require.
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- The Ortho RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
The medical center is a general medical and surgical hospital complete with 420 beds. The facility is a not-for-profit community health system dedicated to serving those living in the region surrounding it. Focused on providing quality healthcare to each patient, the medical center is constantly evolving to include the newest technologies and practices. Over 90% of the medical staff at the hospital is board-certified compared to the 60% national average. The facility is regarded as a top hospital in terms of providing the best diagnostic, clinical, surgical, and overall patient care in the region. With a variety of services form neurology to stroke care and diabetes treatment to urology care, the hospital is a complete care facility.
Only 20 miles away from the Georgia State boarder, Dothan is a small town in the southeast corner of Alabama. For a true old town experience, check out the Antique Attic which is filled with some of the most beautiful old artifacts from collectors themselves. For something a little more exciting, Adventureland and Water World are two fun ways to spend a day off. The city is also home to some interesting art museums and a colorful botanical garden. The town of Dothan has a little something for everyone.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!