Registered Nurse – OR job in Sumter, SC
Operating Room/ OR Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Operating Room/OR RN Responsibilities:
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications.
- Consults and coordinates with medical team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care
- Manages the care of patients requiring surgical procedures
- Creates and maintains sterile/ safe surgical environment
- Takes and monitors patient vital signs
- Conducts pre- and post-operative education
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Preps operating room for patient procedure
- Monitors equipment and cares for patient accordingly
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Teaches patient and family how to manage their post-treatment home care needs
- The RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 301-bed Joint Commission-accredited medical center was established more than a century ago in Sumter, South Carolina. The medical staff consists of more than 150 physicians. The hospital provides care in 25 medical specialties including, cancer care, surgery, orthopedic, wound healing, and more. Facilities at the hospital include a 36-bed nursery, an expanded ICU, 10 operating suites, an outpatient surgery center, an award-winning day surgery unit, a beautiful women and infants pavilion and a satellite medical park. Diagnostic and treatment capabilities include a medical oncology program, cancer treatment center, cardiac catheterization and updated high speed computed tomography. They are the first hospital in the state to install the Hologic Affirm Prone Biopsy System technology for breast biopsy.
Columbia, SC offers several exciting and distinct shopping districts including a recently revitalized downtown with many new shops and restaurants. Stroll along Gervais Street in the Vista, State Street in West Columbia, Main Street downtown or through Five Points, where pubs, bars and restaurants bring everything from country and blues to rock, jazz and bluegrass to their visitors. Take a trip back in time in Historic Columbia with neighborhood tours and walk-through of historic homes and gardens. With so many trails, gardens and Lake Murray nearby, exploring outside in this beautiful town is a must. Kayakers, hikers and campers can also find fun at the Congaree National Park, just 20 miles outside the city.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!