Registered Nurse – OR job in Live Oak, TX
Operating Room/ OR Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Operating Room/OR RN Responsibilities:
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications.
- Consults and coordinates with medical team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care
- Manages the care of patients requiring surgical procedures
- Creates and maintains sterile/ safe surgical environment
- Takes and monitors patient vital signs
- Conducts pre- and post-operative education
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Preps operating room for patient procedure
- Monitors equipment and cares for patient accordingly
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Teaches patient and family how to manage their post-treatment home care needs
- The RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
As part of a larger healthcare system, this 116-bed facility offers a full array of services including emergency care, open heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, neurosurgery, inpatient rehabilitation, orthopedic surgery, cancer care, intensive care, and inpatient and outpatient surgeries and procedures. This hospital is an accredited chest pain center and recently received Joint Commission certification as a stroke center.
Live Oak, TX is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan area, the seventh-most populated city in the United States. With a growing restaurant scene, historic restorations, and a number of new construction, San Antonio is becoming a multifaceted metropolis. It is full of historical and cultural adventures to explore with attractions such as the Alamo, San Antonio Missions National Historic Park and the Spanish Governor’s Palace. The museums, such as the San Antonio Museum of Art and the McNay Art Museum are a must-see! San Antonio is also home to SeaWorld and Six Flags Fiesta Texas, ensuring lots of fun for all ages. Be sure to check out the area’s largest public park, Brackenridge Park, is over 350 acres packed with outdoor activities. The park features trail for walking and biking, a golf course, fishing at the San Antonio River, a miniature train to ride, playgrounds, picnic areas, and the San Antonio Zoo. And you must take a stroll down the River Walk, a 3-mile-long path along the San Antonio River offering restaurants, shops, and boat tours! This big city has a small town feel and is the perfect place for your next assignment!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!