Registered Nurse – OR job in Chicago, IL
Operating Room/ OR Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Operating Room/OR RN Responsibilities:
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications.
- Consults and coordinates with medical team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care
- Manages the care of patients requiring surgical procedures
- Creates and maintains sterile/ safe surgical environment
- Takes and monitors patient vital signs
- Conducts pre- and post-operative education
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Preps operating room for patient procedure
- Monitors equipment and cares for patient accordingly
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Teaches patient and family how to manage their post-treatment home care needs
- The RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This academic medical center is in the heart of downtown Chicago with physicians, surgeons and caregivers in nearly every specialty providing world-class patient care. U.S. News & World Report ranked this hospital among the top 25 in the nation numerous categories and this facility has also earned Magnet recognition, the gold-standard for nursing excellence.
Chicago, IL is one of the greatest cities in America! It is the third-largest city in the United States and home of world-famous museums, outdoor public art and countless attractions. Discover the Shedd Aquarium, ride the Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier, catch a game at Wrigley Field, or check out a show at either the Second City comedy theater or The Chicago Theatre. Chicago is also where you can enjoy some of America’s best cuisine, including several of the “Top 100 Restaurants” in the country. One of the most popular attractions is the Magnificent Mile, it is the cosmopolitan, history-packed section of Michigan Avenue offering extraordinary shopping, dining, and entertainment treasures.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!