Registered Nurse – OR job in Charleston, WV
Operating Room/ OR Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Operating Room/OR RN Responsibilities:
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications.
- Consults and coordinates with medical team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care
- Manages the care of patients requiring surgical procedures
- Creates and maintains sterile/ safe surgical environment
- Takes and monitors patient vital signs
- Conducts pre- and post-operative education
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Preps operating room for patient procedure
- Monitors equipment and cares for patient accordingly
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Teaches patient and family how to manage their post-treatment home care needs
- The RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This state of the art general medical and surgical hospital located in central Charleston, WV, is complete with 833 beds and acts as a teaching hospital to provide the nation with next level nurses and doctors. The medical center is home to one of the top heart programs in the United States, the only kidney transplant facility in all of West Virginia, Charleston’s only accredited sleep center, and offers orthopedic trauma services. This facility provides the surrounding community with the highest level general trauma center in the area.
Charleston is the flourishing capital of West Virginia. Home to National Public Radio’s Mountain Stage, teeming with art galleries, free musical performances, hands-on experiences, and local theater to explore. Each summer you can experience 10 days of 130 events and 360 performances during FestivALL. Check out Big Sky surround movies at the Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences, have fun geo-caching on the Capitol grounds, enjoy a West Virginia Power baseball game, or relax with a picnic at Coonskin Park. The 9,300 acre Kanawha State Forest offers year-round opportunities to get back to nature. Charleston is a gateway to all that is wild and wonderful about the Mountain State, including world class whitewater rafting, zip lining, mountain climbing, biking, ATV trails, artisan destinations and heritage sites. Charleston also has trendy bars with live music every day of the week.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!