Registered Nurse – OR job in Baton Rouge, LA
Operating Room/ OR Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Operating Room/OR RN Responsibilities:
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications.
- Consults and coordinates with medical team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care
- Manages the care of patients requiring surgical procedures
- Creates and maintains sterile/ safe surgical environment
- Takes and monitors patient vital signs
- Conducts pre- and post-operative education
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Preps operating room for patient procedure
- Monitors equipment and cares for patient accordingly
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Teaches patient and family how to manage their post-treatment home care needs
- The RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
As part of a larger mission driven health system, this 800 bed facility has provided state-of-the-art, patient centric care to the community for over 90-years. The hospital is widely and consistently recognized in the areas of trauma and emergency care, stroke, heart and vascular, cancer care, minimally invasive procedures, women’s care, and many more, including Hospital of the Year.
Exciting college town, Baton Rouge, LA, is located about 1 hour from New Orleans. From the Tin Roof Brewery to the Shaw Center for the Arts, there are activities for all travelers. Immerse yourself in the city’s history by touring Plantation Country, test your luck at one of Baton Rouge’s 3 casinos or enjoy a thrilling Louisiana State University baseball or famous football game at one of the largest college football stadiums in the nation.
- Very Traveler Friendly
- First-time travelers allowed
- One year of experience for all specialties
- Flexible scheduling, including blocked scheduling when possible
- Direct manager interviews with fast interview / offer turnaround time
- Located in vibrant, growing college town central to many wonderful points of interest
- Low cost of living
- 1 hour from New Orleans and Lafayette
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!