Registered Nurse – Oncol job in St. Louis, MO
Oncology/Onc Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Oncology/Onc RN Responsibilities:
- Oncology Registered Nurses integrate their technical skills, scientific knowledge, and caring attitude to aid those living with cancer, including their families – starting from diagnosis, treatment, and then survivor-ship to end-of-life care.
- The Oncology RN reviews health history
- Assess and monitor physical and emotional status
- Keep track of laboratory, pathology and imaging studies
- Safely administer medications, fluids and cancer treatments (e.g., chemotherapy)
- Collaborate with doctors and other clinicians about treatment plans. Create individualized care plans on patients under their supervision and care.
- Help patients to understand the disease, proposed treatment plan and possible side effects.
- Educate patients and the families regarding treatment expectations.
- Help patients plan for and manage symptoms throughout treatment
- Help translate complex medical terminology and answer questions
- Communicate with doctors on behalf of the patient
- Recognize and treat cancer-related issues.
- Participate in research to enhance treatment protocols assigned to cancer patients.
- Give supportive resources to both the patient and the families to promote positive outlook.
- Watch and record the patient’s progress on a constant basis.
- Chart the patient’s response to treatment and medication.
- The RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
As the first accredited Vein Center in the bi-state area, this facility is one of only five hospitals in the St. Louis area and one of ten hospitals in Missouri to be named a Level 1 Stroke Center, the highest designation, when the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services began the new designations for stroke care. This 767-bed hospital is the third-largest medical center in the St. Louis metropolitan area, serving families in St. Louis County, St. Louis City, Jefferson County, Franklin County, Saint Francois County and Sainte Genevieve County in Missouri, along with Monroe, Randolph and St. Clair counties in Illinois.
Meet me in St. Louis! Missouri is well known for the Gateway Arch, but has much more to offer! St. Louis is full of thrills and excitement for its visitors. Take a ride at the Six Flags amusement park, or go catch a game at Busch Stadium. The 42-acre Westport Plaza is also a desirable entertainment district with the trendiest boutiques and upscale dining establishments. Forest Park was once home to the 1904 world fair, and features scenic walking and biking trails and a beautiful greenhouse. Other outdoor activities can be found at the Citygarden which has modern/contemporary art, and six rain gardens. Also, check out the Lumeier Sculpture Park which has over 70 outdoor sculptures, a music amphitheater and a traveling series of exhibitions.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!