Registered Nurse – Oncol job in Springfield, OR
Oncology/Onc Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Oncology/Onc RN Responsibilities:
- Oncology Registered Nurses integrate their technical skills, scientific knowledge, and caring attitude to aid those living with cancer, including their families – starting from diagnosis, treatment, and then survivor-ship to end-of-life care.
- The Oncology RN reviews health history
- Assess and monitor physical and emotional status
- Keep track of laboratory, pathology and imaging studies
- Safely administer medications, fluids and cancer treatments (e.g., chemotherapy)
- Collaborate with doctors and other clinicians about treatment plans. Create individualized care plans on patients under their supervision and care.
- Help patients to understand the disease, proposed treatment plan and possible side effects.
- Educate patients and the families regarding treatment expectations.
- Help patients plan for and manage symptoms throughout treatment
- Help translate complex medical terminology and answer questions
- Communicate with doctors on behalf of the patient
- Recognize and treat cancer-related issues.
- Participate in research to enhance treatment protocols assigned to cancer patients.
- Give supportive resources to both the patient and the families to promote positive outlook.
- Watch and record the patient’s progress on a constant basis.
- Chart the patient’s response to treatment and medication.
- The RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This state-of-the-art tertiary care, medical center is part of a larger healthcare system and is focused on providing a patient-centered healing environment with a strong focus on patient safety and clinical outcomes. This facility offers 347-beds and offers all major medical services. It has been recognized by the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Programs for meritorious outcomes for surgical patient care for the last three consecutive years. This hospital has also been named one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation for women’s health by Becker’s Hospital Review and ranked one of the 97 best hospitals for joint replacements by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Eugene-Springfield is the second largest metropolitan in Oregon. Home of the University of Oregon, Eugene is a town of action! You can join in its many adventures from running Pre’s Trail, strolling through blooming rhododendrons in Hendricks Park, biking through the town or along the Ridgeline Trail, or hiking to the top of Spencer Butte. Treat yourself to shopping locally-owned stores, galleries and artisan markets or take a scenic drive through wine country. Immerse yourself in the vibrant city by exploring its amazing culinary options or check out live music at a small bar or the Hult Center for the Performing Arts.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!