Registered Nurse – Oncol job in Springfield, MO
Oncology/Onc Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Oncology/Onc RN Responsibilities:
- Oncology Registered Nurses integrate their technical skills, scientific knowledge, and caring attitude to aid those living with cancer, including their families – starting from diagnosis, treatment, and then survivor-ship to end-of-life care.
- The Oncology RN reviews health history
- Assess and monitor physical and emotional status
- Keep track of laboratory, pathology and imaging studies
- Safely administer medications, fluids and cancer treatments (e.g., chemotherapy)
- Collaborate with doctors and other clinicians about treatment plans. Create individualized care plans on patients under their supervision and care.
- Help patients to understand the disease, proposed treatment plan and possible side effects.
- Educate patients and the families regarding treatment expectations.
- Help patients plan for and manage symptoms throughout treatment
- Help translate complex medical terminology and answer questions
- Communicate with doctors on behalf of the patient
- Recognize and treat cancer-related issues.
- Participate in research to enhance treatment protocols assigned to cancer patients.
- Give supportive resources to both the patient and the families to promote positive outlook.
- Watch and record the patient’s progress on a constant basis.
- Chart the patient’s response to treatment and medication.
- The RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This nationally ranked, not-for-profit facility is known for its unique combination of leading-edge health care provided by a compassionate team. This 886-bed serves people all throughout southwest Missouri and northwest Arkansas. It is home to a designated Level I Trauma Center & Burn Center, Life Line air ambulance service, a dedicated Children’s Hospital, Cancer Center, Heart Institute, and a nationally-certified Stroke Center.
Located along the Ozarks, Springfield, Missouri is a regional hub with large city amenities and small town hospitality. Includes intriguing attractions, a diverse culinary scene, unique shopping, and an ode to classic American heritage. Visit the Pythinian Castle for ghost tours and mystery dinners, the Gillioz Theater, a restored 1920’s performing arts theater, and the Fantastic Caverns – America’s ONLY underground driving tour through a cave.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!