Registered Nurse – Oncol job in Pikeville, KY
Oncology/Onc Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Oncology/Onc RN Responsibilities:
- Oncology Registered Nurses integrate their technical skills, scientific knowledge, and caring attitude to aid those living with cancer, including their families – starting from diagnosis, treatment, and then survivor-ship to end-of-life care.
- The Oncology RN reviews health history
- Assess and monitor physical and emotional status
- Keep track of laboratory, pathology and imaging studies
- Safely administer medications, fluids and cancer treatments (e.g., chemotherapy)
- Collaborate with doctors and other clinicians about treatment plans. Create individualized care plans on patients under their supervision and care.
- Help patients to understand the disease, proposed treatment plan and possible side effects.
- Educate patients and the families regarding treatment expectations.
- Help patients plan for and manage symptoms throughout treatment
- Help translate complex medical terminology and answer questions
- Communicate with doctors on behalf of the patient
- Recognize and treat cancer-related issues.
- Participate in research to enhance treatment protocols assigned to cancer patients.
- Give supportive resources to both the patient and the families to promote positive outlook.
- Watch and record the patient’s progress on a constant basis.
- Chart the patient’s response to treatment and medication.
- The RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 300-bed facility has been dedicated to providing quality care in Kentucky for over 91 years. It offers more than 400 services, including every major specialty and most subspecialties. In December 2016 this facility earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Heart-Check mark for Advance Certification for Primary Stroke Centers.
Recognized as one of the best small towns in America, Pikeville, KY is surrounded by towering mountains with lush greenery that provides remarkable views throughout the entire year. Explore the natural beauty of this area by boating, skiing, hiking, fishing, zip-lining and more. Main Street is the heart and soul of the town, check out historic tours, local shopping, dining, heritage tours and much more. Discover the Pikeville Cut-Thru, called the “eighth wonder of the world” by The New York Times, and is the second largest earth removal project in U.S. History. It is a three-quarter-mile-long channel through Peach Orchard Mountain, providing a path for railroad tracks and highways. Be sure to attend the Hillbilly Days, the national festival that occurs the third weekend in April, drawing 100,000 people to this city for a three-day festival full of food and fun!
Prescreening questions to ask all candidates:
•Why do you want to work at this hospital?
•Why Do you feel you are qualified for the job?
•How much supervision do you want or need?
•How would you describe your ideal job? Your ideal work environment?
•What do you think are the most challenging aspects of meeting patients’ needs?
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!