Registered Nurse – Oncol job in PALO ALTO, CA
Oncology/Onc Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Oncology/Onc RN Responsibilities:
- Oncology Registered Nurses integrate their technical skills, scientific knowledge, and caring attitude to aid those living with cancer, including their families – starting from diagnosis, treatment, and then survivor-ship to end-of-life care.
- The Oncology RN reviews health history
- Assess and monitor physical and emotional status
- Keep track of laboratory, pathology and imaging studies
- Safely administer medications, fluids and cancer treatments (e.g., chemotherapy)
- Collaborate with doctors and other clinicians about treatment plans. Create individualized care plans on patients under their supervision and care.
- Help patients to understand the disease, proposed treatment plan and possible side effects.
- Educate patients and the families regarding treatment expectations.
- Help patients plan for and manage symptoms throughout treatment
- Help translate complex medical terminology and answer questions
- Communicate with doctors on behalf of the patient
- Recognize and treat cancer-related issues.
- Participate in research to enhance treatment protocols assigned to cancer patients.
- Give supportive resources to both the patient and the families to promote positive outlook.
- Watch and record the patient’s progress on a constant basis.
- Chart the patient’s response to treatment and medication.
- The RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 361-bed facility is located in Stanford, California and is the only network in the Bay Area exclusively dedicated to obstetric and pediatric care. This hospital has been dedicated to providing excellent care to everyone within the Bay Area since 1991. The vision of this hospital is to heal humanity through science and compassion, one child and family at a time. This facilities’ medical services include cardiology, neonatology, brain and behavior services, dialysis, and many more. This hospital is nationally ranked and internationally recognized as being one of the best pediatric and obstetrics facilities.
Stanford is located in the Santa Clara County in California and is only 35 miles away from San Francisco. This city is most well known for being home to Stanford University, a private and prestigious research university. Although this town is known for its academic excellence, and proximity to Silicon Valley, there are many other adventures that await. Spend your day off wandering down University Ave and explore the 7-block strip known as one of the best and busiest shopping locations on the peninsula. Be sure to check out the landmark Stanford Dish radio telescope, discover the Cantor Arts Center, or take a tour of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Hanna House.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!