Registered Nurse – Oncol job in Grand Forks, ND
Oncology/Onc Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Oncology/Onc RN Responsibilities:
- Oncology Registered Nurses integrate their technical skills, scientific knowledge, and caring attitude to aid those living with cancer, including their families – starting from diagnosis, treatment, and then survivor-ship to end-of-life care.
- The Oncology RN reviews health history
- Assess and monitor physical and emotional status
- Keep track of laboratory, pathology and imaging studies
- Safely administer medications, fluids and cancer treatments (e.g., chemotherapy)
- Collaborate with doctors and other clinicians about treatment plans. Create individualized care plans on patients under their supervision and care.
- Help patients to understand the disease, proposed treatment plan and possible side effects.
- Educate patients and the families regarding treatment expectations.
- Help patients plan for and manage symptoms throughout treatment
- Help translate complex medical terminology and answer questions
- Communicate with doctors on behalf of the patient
- Recognize and treat cancer-related issues.
- Participate in research to enhance treatment protocols assigned to cancer patients.
- Give supportive resources to both the patient and the families to promote positive outlook.
- Watch and record the patient’s progress on a constant basis.
- Chart the patient’s response to treatment and medication.
- The RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility, located in Grand Forks, North Dakota, is part of a health system with 3,800 health professionals and support staff committed to caring for the region for more than 100 years. Serving over 200,000 residents in northeast North Dakota and northwest Minnesota, they provide an array of services to meet the needs of patients of all ages and levels of health. The facility is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, with access to clinically integrated tools extending Mayo Clinic’s knowledge and expertise to patients. They are committed to improving the delivery of healthcare through high quality, data-driven, evidence-based medical care and treatment.
North Dakota’s culture is warm and welcoming – in fact, “Dakota” is the Sioux word for “friend.” Grand Forks, North Dakota offers a variety of arts and cultural events, as well as the North Dakota Museum of Art, which shows many nationally touring exhibits and regional artists. Grand Forks also offers plenty of beautiful landscapes and outdoor recreation. The Grand Forks Park District consists of 14 neighborhood parks, 28 tennis courts, 2 swimming pools, and 3 “splash” parks. Or take a ride along the Greater Grand Forks Greenway, a large park that runs along the Red River and offers an extensive path system, large festival grounds, ski trails, and wildflower gardens.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!