Registered Nurse – OBS job in Lafayette, LA
ICU/ Critical Care/ Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (RN) Local Job
Critical Care/ICU/ CCU RN Responsibilities:
- Critical Care Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional Critical Care RNs have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment static function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Critical Care RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This well-known 365-bed teaching hospital in Acadiana is the largest full-service healthcare facility in the area, and is a designated Level II Trauma Center and Magnet recognized hospital. It includes two Centers of Excellence for Minimally Invasive Gynecology and Neuroscience and is also an accredited Cancer Center, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, and an Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center. The hospital has a 32-bed ICU and their 25-bed Level III NICU provides an experienced, caring staff for both mother and baby. The hospital’s Womens and Childrens Services Department was recently renovated to offer comfortable, family-centered care. The hospital was awarded two grants from Susan G. Komen Acadiana supporting screenings, mammograms, education, and navigation services for uninsured and underinsured patients.
Lafayette Louisiana is the unofficial capital of Acadiana, or Cajun County, and is the center for great Cajun cuisine and Zydeco. Home of the University of Lafayette, this college town is known for live music, because in Lafayette, dancing is an integral part of life. Numerous restaurants and dance halls thrive in the area and the city hosts several music and food festivals throughout the year. Lafayette even has their own special Mardi Gras Celebration! Take a 30 minute drive to Avery Island and tour where the world famous Tabasco Hot Sauce is made. There is a regional airport conveniently located in Lafayette as well.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!