Registered Nurse – Mother/Baby job in Atlanta, GA
Mother-Baby Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Mother-Baby RN Responsibilities:
- The Mother-Baby RN consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patients’ (both mother and infant) care plans
- Maintains a comfortable, safe and clean environment for mother and infant
- Assists mother with her hygienic needs, checks mother for any postpartum bleeding, examines mother’s fundus, Inspects C-section incision (if applicable), assesses mother’s pain, if any
- Performs emotional status checks on mother, recognizing symptoms such as those related to postpartum depression
- Monitors bonding between mother and infant, provides mother with breast-feeding tips, Educates mother on sore nipple management
- Takes mother’s and infant’s vital signs, measures input/output of mother and infant
- Monitors mother and infant and reports adverse reactions to any treatments or medications being given
- Teaches mother bathing tips for infant, instructs mother on diaper changing
- Weighs infant, performs heel sticks for bg’s of infant, keeps track of all feeds and diapers, bathes infant
- Involves and educates family in implementing best practices for mother and infant care
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Join a state-of-the-art facility staffed with skilled, caring professionals who are dedicated to the health and wellness of their community. This health system made up of three area hospitals, includes over 600 licensed beds, more than 2,500 physicians and 14,200 employees. The hospital sees nearly 2,000,000 patient annually. This full-service, acute-care hospital offers particular expertise in Maternity Services, Women’s Health, Cancer Care, Surgery and Radiology. Forbes named this hospital one of America’s Best Employers and the #1 employer in Georgia.
From the world’s largest aquarium to a diverse selection of museums and scenic parks, Atlanta, Georgia is a destination where travel nurses will never run out of things to see and do. Attractions such as the Georgia Aquarium, home to more than 500 species from around the globe that live in more than 10 million gallons of fresh and marine water, the Atlanta History Center, home to the Atlanta History Museum and six historic gardens, and Piedmont Park, a 189-acre urban park that serves as a cultural and recreational green space for the city, should not be missed. From boutiques to art galleries, antiques and outlet centers, Atlanta shopping is everywhere. Venture into Buckhead for luxurious Atlanta shopping with upscale malls. Discover the hottest boutiques in neighborhood shopping districts, from Midtown and Virginia Highland to funky vintage finds in Little Five Points.
Body of email with profile must include the following:
*Please submit all profiles with the below chart format.
Candidate Phone Number:
EMR Trained: (Cerner, Epic, McKesson)
Length of potential contract:
Potential Start Date:
Campus: (Atlanta, Cherokee, Forsyth, Lawrenceville, Duluth) – Any / Specify
(If Gwinnett – Last 4 SS)
Time Off Needed/Requested:
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!