Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in York, PA
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 580-bed acute care facility is home to a Level I Trauma Center and an accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center and is recognized as the region’s leader in advanced specialty care. This stat-of-the-art facility allows for some of the more complex medical and surgical procedures to be handled in a way that prioritizes the patient. Services offered at the facility include a recognized emergency department, women’s health, oncology care, spine care, and much more. As a nationally recognized teaching hospital with seven residency programs and five allied health schools, this hospital prides itself on teaching and training some of the best clinical staff members in the country.
Located right outside of Harrisburg, PA, York, is Pennsylvania’s #1 tourist region. York County is known as the Factory Tour Capital of the World housing some of the world’s most popular factories to tour such as Snyder’s of Hanover, Harley-Davidson Motor Company, and Martin’s Potato Chips. For the outdoor-loving nurse, there are spectacular parks, rivers, and mountains to enjoy. York also offers 2 year-round trails to enjoy sipping and hiking on the Mason-Dixon Wine Trail and the Susquehanna Ale trail!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!