Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in W. Columbia, SC
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is a 508-bed hospital in West Columbia, South Carolina. It anchors a healthcare network that includes five community medical centers and employs a staff of more than 7,000 health care professionals. The facility operates one of the busiest Emergency departments in South Carolina, treating nearly 100,000 patients each year. The hospital delivers more than 4,000 babies each year and performs more than 25,000 surgeries, and has a reputation for providing the highest quality care.
West Columbia, SC is located near all the great entertainment, dining, and arts opportunities in the Midlands. Nearby there are many theatres, museums, art galleries, the Ira and Nancy Koger Center for the Arts, and the Philharmonic South Carolina. For parks and outdoor recreation, visit the Riverwalk Park and Amphitheater, the Riverbanks Zoo and Botanical Gardens, or Lake Murray for skiing, fishing, boating, and swimming. Sports enthusiasts will find major league baseball, NBA and NFL action in Charlotte and Atlanta, both within driving distance of West Columbia. Finally, enjoy local arts and crafts, fresh foods and produce, and food trucks at the Meeting Street Artisan Market.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!