Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Tappahannock, VA
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
As part of a larger healthcare system that strives every day to provide compassionate concern for the community it serves, this 67-bed facility offers a wide variety of services to its patients. This hospital recently received an “A” grade for its commitment to safety in the Hospital Safety Grade.This facility has an EPIC EMR system, providing the most up-to-date information regarding patients’ care and treatment to its nurses, physicians and facilities.
Tappahannock is the oldest town in Essex County, Virginia and is located on the Rappahannock River, approximately 45 miles from Richmond. Richmond, the capital of Virginia, lies on the James River in the heart of the state and among America’s oldest major cities. Richmond is home to inspiring American Revolution sites such as St. John’s Episcopal Church and an extensive chronicle of Civil War memorabilia found in the American Civil War Museum or the Virginia Historical Society. There’s also something to do in the great outdoors year-round in Richmond, due to it’s amazing weather! Be sure to check out the iconic Virginia Museum of fine Arts, the Edgar Alan Poe Museum and the Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens. Carytown is where you can find the city’s hippest boutique shops and restaurants.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!