Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Tahlequah, OK
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Local Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 60-bed facility boasts a unique culture that is a huge draw for local and travel nurses. Presently the hospital offers the following services: audiology, public health, dietary services, diabetes, EEG/EKG, Emergency Care, General Surgery, Intensive Care, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Opthamology, Optometry, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Pharmacy, Podiatry, Radiology, Rehabilitation Services, Therapy, Behavioral Health, Women’s Health, and more.
The facility is located outside of Tulsa, Oklahoma, and is a popular destination for nurses. Tahlequah, located at the foothills of the Ozark Mountains about one-hour from Tulsa, was voted one of the Top 100 Best Small Towns in America. It was established as a capital of the 19th-century Cherokee Nation in 1839. Tour the recreated ancient Cherokee village of Tsa-La-Gi, located at the Cherokee Heritage Center. Make a big splash at Lake Tenkiller or float down the state’s best canoe waterway the Illinois River. You can also test your luck at the Cherokee Casino.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!