Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Sylacauga, AL
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This medical center is the area’s most modern acute-care hospital and is an independent, community, non-profit medical center fully accredited by the Joint Commission with 248-licensed beds. In addition to its inpatient services, it has a 13-bed Level II Emergency Department that treats approximately 30,000 patients annually. This center has a long history of providing quality care and services to the communities it services.
Sylacauga, AL is often called “Alabama’s best kept secret” and is known for its beautiful marble, offering its residents a wonderful quality of life in a small-town setting. It has been named among the “Top 100 Communities of Young People” by America’s Promise Foundation with year-round activities, a diverse business mix, cultural arts, and more. Located less than an hour from Birmingham and approximately 60 miles from Montgomery, you can be in the center of it all in this city. Visit the Isabel Anderson Corner Museum and Arts Center to learn about the history of marble in this town. Absolutely take a walking tour of the iconic Blue Bell Ice Cream factory where you can see and taste all your favorite ice creams.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!