Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Slidell, LA
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Test your knowledge, skills, and continues to grow at this 229-bed acute-care community hospital. The facility is expanding its technology and services, including a state-of-the-art Emergency Department and Heart Center. The cardiac facility has 38-private rooms and advanced Cath Labs. The Regional Cancer Center is designed to diagnose, treat and rehabilitate patients in one convenient facility. It is the only hospital in the area with the Varian High Dose Brachytherapy radiation system, 4D CT Treatment Planning simulator, and a Multidisciplinary Clinic that offers a head and neck cancer surgical specialist.
Located less than an hour north of New Orleans, St. Tammany Parish has exciting attractions, beautiful wilderness areas, and fabulous shopping. The art galleries, live music and inspired cuisine coupled with ancient oak trees make the Northshore an exciting and peaceful place to be.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!